Brogdale Collections Vacancies
To increase the number of KS1 & 2 education visits to Brogdale, develop and introduce KS3 days and maintain and build on the existing programme for education.
Key Areas of Responsibility
– Marketing & Promotion of Education to Schools in Kent and South London
– Development of new KS3 Programme
– Review & Update of KS1 & KS2 Activities
– Delivery of School Days at Brogdale
– Provision of educational offering for children at Festivals
– Promotion & Delivery of Half Term Days
– Upkeep of teacher information, lesson plans and booking forms.
– Liaise with Office administrator for educational bookings.
– Marketing to educational institutions and the general public.
– Liaising and building relationships with educational establishments.
– Actively seek out opportunities within the education community to attract visitor’s all year round including holiday and kids clubs.
– Individual is able to work within the team and contribute to general duties when It is important this required at busy periods such as at festivals and events.
– The ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to develop work and activity sheets.
– Ability to maintain data eg schools database and produce reports on results.
– Creativity to develop interesting and engaging activities for the education days.
– Developing relations with relevant bodies such as Arts Work to develop the new KS3 Package.
– Able to confidently use Social Media and other appropriate platforms to promote education days.
This post requires effective communication with both children and adults, confidence in managing large groups of children aged 5 and upwards and the ability to manage teacher and tutor expectations. The post holder will be required to maintain the high standard of customer feedback already achieved.
Experience & Qualifications
Experience leading and working with children in an education setting and educated to NVQ Level 2 or above. It would be an advantage to have a teaching qualification although this is not a prerequisite. The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check before the post is formally offered.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact the Operations Manager Sara Smile.
Trustee Vacancy – Unpaid
Brogdale Collections Charity are looking for a new trustee to work with us and join board of trustees.
Brogdale Collections is a registered charity with the aim of providing public access to the National Fruit Collections on site at Brogdale Farm, Faversham. Brogdale Collections works to encourage the public to grow and eat fruit in all of its infinite varieties. The National fruit Collection is a unique collection of 4000 varieties of fruit tree which are maintained by DEFRA for their genetic value.
We achieve our aims in a variety of interesting ways including festivals of fruit, event days, courses, education days and group and guided tours. We have small operational team and a growing group of wonderful volunteers.
We are now seeking to strengthen our Trustee board in particular for people with an interest in Finance, commercial activity fundraising and Education.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to explore the possibility of joining us in this and would invite you in the first instance to contact Sara Smile.
Volunteering with Brogdale Collections
If you want to get involved with Brogdale Collections we have a range of volunteer positions needed including training to become a guide and guiding orchard tours, helping our education officer in educating and enthusing young people, operational volunteers who work in and around the orchards and volunteers to man the shop during the season on weekdays and weekends.
Find out more on the volunteers page HERE